Help needed to install openLDAP

Hello,

    I am newbie installing openLDAP-2.2.24(using
SOURCE) in Redhat 9 and while installing i used
"--sysconfdir=/etc" along with "./configure" so my
schema files got corrupted and so next time when
configuring i just used "./configure" then all my
files where in "/usr/local/etc/openldap".

   I want my configuration files in /etc....? so what
may be my options to be used along with "./configure"
and to enable SASL,SSL and Berkeley DB 4.2.

  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sudhindra L A