Chaining support status

Hi all,

I'm been disconnected of the list from some time, but I searched in the
archives and I haven't got a clear answer about that one:

What is the chaining support status in OpenLDAP? I read that HEAD/2.3 have
chaining support but in 2.2 is not complete. We wanna delegate a LDAP subtree
and I was wondering what the best approach with a 2.2.26 release.

Any ideas? (I don't wanna a detailed example, only some tip about it).

Thank you!

--
Imobach González Sosa
Servicio de Informática y Comunicaciones de la ULPGC