Re: v2.2.24 structural object class modification not allowed

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Althogh it would be violation of the standard, it might be usefull
> feature in slapd to have run time option to allow addition/removals of
> structural object classes.

I disagree. We already have enough configuration options hard enough to
explain.

> The option would allow LDAP
> administrator to restructure his objects (if/when needed) without the
> need to dump/reload all entries in database.

The administrator can simply delete the entry and re-add it with
appropriate structural object class chain. This feature is not necessary.

I can't speak for the OpenLDAP developers. But IMO code bloat should be
avoided.

Ciao, Michael.