Re: internacionalization

Gessy Caetano da Silva Junior wrote:
in the Openldap Admin Guide, there's a mention about internacionalization but I don't know how this really work. How can i use my openldap server with support for character's like "é, ç, ó, ã, õ ..."

OpenLDAP can store and deliver Unicode text. Also, see:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2596.html

on the use of language tags for attributes. For a live example, see:

http://www.mentata.com/ldaphttp/examples/gospel/

which runs against data with LDIF like:

dn: gospid=GVMattC02V10, ou=Gospel, ou=Expressions, o=mentata.com
objectclass: top
objectclass: gosp
gospid: GVMattC02V10
gospqualifier: 400210
gospowner: cn=Matthew, ou=Bible, ou=People, o=mentata.com
gospname: Matthew 2:10
gosptype: verse
gospdescription: When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
gospdescription;lang-en: When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy.
gospdescription;lang-la: videntes autem stellam gavisi sunt gaudio magno valde
gospdescription;lang-af: En toe hulle die ster sien, het hulle hul met baie groot blydskap verheug.
gospdescription;lang-de: Da sie den Stern sahen, wurden sie hoch erfreut
gospdescription;lang-es: Y vista la estrella, se regocijaron con muy grande gozo.
gospdescription;lang-sq: Ata, kur e panë yllin, u gëzuan me gëzim shumë të madh.
gospdescription;lang-sv: Och när de sågo stjärnan, uppfylldes de av mycket stor glädje.
gospdescription;lang-sw: Walipoiona hiyo nyota, walifurahi mno.
gospdescription;lang-zh: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

For the schema and complete LDIF files for this example, ask me directly or check back on the site later.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com