Re: (64) naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

David Jacoby wrote:
> Heya List!
>
> Thanks for all help! After a few days of "debugging" i just thought that i
> should start over and it actually went better, much better but not
> perfect =)
> It still fails over some attribute thats not present. The thing im trying to
> do is to import an .ldif file that i exported with the slapcat command. Im
> trying with an completely empty database, it created the complete "tree" and
> everything looks nice untill i get the errormessage naming attribute 'dc' is
> not present in entry.
>

> This is the commandline that i execute:
>
> bash$ slapadd -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf  -l ldap_dump.ldif
> slapadd: dn="dc=com,ou=DNS,o=outpost24" (line=1239): (64) naming
> attribute 'dc' is not present in entry
>
> This is a part of the .ldif file that fails
>

> ... SNIP
>
> dn: dc=com,ou=DNS,o=outpost24
>
> SMIP ...

Missing:
dc: com
?

> If someone has any tips it would really be appreciated, im starting to
> loose faith in LDAP.

Maybe you should run your slapadd with the "-c" option, so you can
evaluate *all* the errors ... although I am sure the "
naming attribute foo is not present in entry" question has been answered
 in this thread already ...

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za
B.Eng          RHCE (803004789010797),LPIC-1 (LPI000074592)