Fw: Do openldap client tool(ldapsearch etc.) support UTF-8?

> > At 11:19 PM 4/18/2005, =?gb2312?B?wt7Wvrzh?= wrote:
> > >I using a a telnet term that support UTF-8(I can show correctly me unicode txt) to slapdadd
> > >unicode ldif data and import successfully.
> > >Using ldapbrowser to search openldap,the result is showed corectly,but not with ldapsearch.
> >
> > ldapsearch(1) produces LDIF, a UTF-8 encoded Unicode
> > file format.
> >
> > >Do openldap client tool(ldapsearch etc.) support UTF-8?
> >
> > Yes.  But they also support and utilize LDIF base64
> > encoding option where that is either required or
> > deemed more appropriate than raw data (that may or
> > may not be UTF-8 encoded Unicode).

 sorry ,I cannot understand you.
 I import unicode.ldif  to openldap,which the desciption composed with unicode txt,
 ldapsearch show as "description:: VW5pY29kZea1i+ivlQ==",but ldapbrowser can get the correctly result

attribute(description) valude is show correctly in unicode.ldif:
<28 [pldap] :/export/home/pldap>cat unicode.ldif
# Organization for Example Corporation
dn: dc=my-domain,dc=com
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: my-domain
o: my-domain Corporation

attribute(description) valude is show uncorrectly by ldapsearch:
<29 [pldap] :/export/home/pldap>ldapsearch -x -LLL
dn: dc=my-domain,dc=com
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
dc: my-domain