Re: openldap segfaults when adding entries when replication is enabled and -march=opteron CFLAG is used.

I am using a gentoo based custom distribution for my internal systems and moved to the ~amd64 use flag to pull openldap 2.1.30-r4.  The problem vanished in this version of openldap.

Thanks all.

Dieter I have not noticed your problem, this was the only issue I was having.

Matt Gregory
eBusiness R&D
CTI, Inc.
cell: 865-850-3638
work: 865-218-2767
home: 865-988-5210
ioem: matt.gregory@ctimi.com
ooem: matthew.gregory@skyleach.com
AIM: SkyLeach
MSNM: matt.gregory@ctimi.com
public OpenPGP compliant key: http://www.skyleach.com/matthew/matt_pub_key.html
OpenPGP information: http://www.openpgp.org

"Dieter Kluenter" <dieter@dkluenter.de>
Sent by: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

03/31/05 02:11 PM

openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
cc
Subject
Re: openldap segfaults when adding entries when replication is enabled and -march=opteron CFLAG is used.

Hi,

Matt.Gregory@ctimi.com writes:

[...]
> is the same as well, with data being imported using slapadd.
> Additional: The record is added before the segfault, but nothing is written to the
> replication log
> When I turn off replication, everything works fine (add, delete, modify)
> Everything works fine on x86.
> When I perform any operation on the opteron systems other than adding new records
> everything goes fine, but when I add new records I get a segfault.  I've included full
> debuging output as well as the configs for both servers at this url:
> http://www.skyleach.com/openldap_error.html.

This sounds similar to my problem with ldapsearch and amd64. Could you
check wether there is a resolver problem with openldap on your opteron
host?

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung