posixAccount & Back-SQL

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about linking our authentication
databases (currently in MySQL) with the OpenLDAP server.

We have in place a pretty large MySQL cluster and one of the tasks it
handles is our Email authentication.  A table is dedicated to the user
information, very much like what would be stored in posixAccount (plus a few
other attributes, like the users domain name.)

My theory is I can just have the LDAP system query the existing MySQL
databases and create a nice happy LDAP interface for some upcoming tools
that will require such.  If we have to merge the data from the existing DB
to another that's fine too.

I've been messing with integrating this using versions 2.1, 2.2, and HEAD.
I've seen several improvements in the HEAD installation, but would like to
know if anyone else has attempted to do this.  My experience with LDAP in
general is pretty small, but i've picked up a lot very quickly, i'm just
having issues with how the backend SQL tables should be layed out and
linked.

I've done a lot of searching on the web and found a few references to this
information, but does anyone know of a document that might help me in my
venture --- or know of an example for with account data?  I'm kind of
limited at this point to the address book information included with the
rdbms samples :)

Thank you,

Phillip Salzman