Re: LDAP hangs requiring slapd stop and deleting __db.00* files

The load average on the box in question almost never gets above 0.5.

The current load average is 0.01.

Owen

--On Thursday, March 31, 2005 23:10 -0500 Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org> wrote:

The fact that you are deleting the BDB environment files (The __* stuff) suggests some type of corruption. db_recover will correctly close those files out (and remove them). Deleting them manually is not a wise path to take.

Right... In my case, at least, the files become corrupt, ldap hangs on the corrupt files, slapd_db_recover will recover from the corruption, then, slaptest recreates these files with incorrect ownership, I fix the ownership, and start slapd, and things are back to normal until next corruption.

The bigger question in my mind is why were things getting corrupted in
the first place.  However, since implementing the ldlcache recommended
and upgrading to 2.2.24 (I don't know which of these actions resolved the
issue),
I've run much longer than ever before without things freezing (about 3
days).
We'll see how long it lasts.

How high is the load average on your box now?

Sam