Re: LDAP hangs requiring slapd stop and deleting __db.00* files

--On Monday, March 28, 2005 3:41 PM +0530 Abhishek Daga <abhishek@ostech.biz> wrote:

We have been running a virtual, multi domain mail server with the
following configuration.
Redhat 9, Postfix, Courier, openLDAP, Spamassassin, Razor, squirrelmail,
amavis, maildrop.
openLDAP is used for authentication.

Facing the following issues with openLDAP from time to time.

a) OpenLdap seems to get locked up every once in a while. i.e. While the
process is running, it fails to authenticate.
Because process is still running, our monitoring system, Monit, does not
recognize that as a failure.

Then we need to stop slapd. delete the /usr/var/openldap-data/__db.00*
files, restart ldap for it to start working again.

You should use db_recover, not delete the files.

I would guess that your system is either

a) Poorly configured (DB_CONFIG, slapd.conf)

or

b) You are using a rather old version of OpenLDAP

or

c) a & b

--Quanah

--