Re: Compiling OpenLDAP on Mac OS X v10.3 Panther

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:35:51 -0800, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> Your questions are already answered in the ITS you referenced. As stated
> in the INSTALL document, you must add the proper flags and libraries to
> LDFLAGS and LIBS before running configure.

Why use autoconf at all if you're not going to autodetect the correct
settings? Just make people edit makefiles.

Having half and half is inconsistent and weird. I shouldn't have to
know what library my resolver symbols are in to compile OpenLDAP.

 -- Finlay