Re: Subtree delete not supported: HDB bug?

> I found that when I set up the database using HDB, I wasn't able to delete
> some of my contacts:
>
> 	ldapdelete -r -H ldaps://server.cise.ufl.edu \
> 	-D uid=jfh,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu -Y GSSAPI
> 	'cn=Someone There,ou=userabook,uid=jfh,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu'
>
> 	SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> 	SASL username: jfh@CISE.UFL.EDU
> 	SASL SSF: 56
> 	SASL installing layers
> 	Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)
> 	Additional info: subtree delete not supported

Did you get this sorted out?  I'm seeing something similar, but sporadically.

Do all deletes for uid=*,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu fail or just random ones?

One of my two replicas rejected three of four deletes I sent last night
for similar objects in the same subtree and continues to reject the
deletes with the same error.  The deletes worked fine on the other
directory.

I was approaching the problem as a database corruption issue, but you're
saying that you reloaded your data into an empty database and had the same
problem?  Did you actually remove the old database and journal files or
just slapadd your ldif in again?

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342