Re: Question about attributes shown in ldapsearch

Ken Sarkies wanted us to know:

>If you got this far, thanks for your patience

It shows up in slapcat, right?  So the slapindex is just not quite
working right.  I would do two things:

0) Make a backup copy of what you have with slapd not running.  Just to
be safe...

1) Stop slapd.  Delete all indexes and rerun slapindex.  Start slapd.
Test things out to see if that makes it any better.

2) Stop slapd.  slapcat the directory to a text file.  Delete or move
the db file and indexes to somewhere else.  Use slapadd to build a new
directory.  Start slapd.  Test things out to see if that makes it any
better.

My hunch is that #1 won't fix it.  You'll have to do #2.  But I would
look for data integrity.  It seems that something in your db file exists
that is preventing slapindex from working properly.  That concerns me.

Good luck!
--
Regards...		Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.