Re: ldap_start_tls_s() error NOT SUPPORTTED

The LDAP_NOT_SUPPORTED result code indicates that the client
library doesn't support generation of a Start TLS request.
As you report that ldapsearch(1) had no exhibit this problem,
I presume you are using a different client library, one
which wasn't built with support for TLS, for your program.