Re: 2.0.27 replicating to 2.2.15

At 12:44 PM 3/23/2005, Curt Blank wrote:
>I've got a 2.0.27 server set up as Master replicating via slurp to a 2.2.15 slave server. Modifications are being replicated properly but adds are not, the new dn is not added, I see this error message:
>
>bdb_add: entry failed schema check: no structuralObjectClass operational attribute (80)
>
>Unfortunately I do have updatedn and rootdn set the same. I see in the 2.2 documentation that shouldn't be done but the existing environment is 2.0 and it was not a constraint there, at least according to the the 2.0 Admin Manual.
>
>So, anyone know if making the updatedn and rootdn different will solve this problem?

The problem has nothing to do with the updatedn and the rootdn.

2.0 simply does not produce everything that 2.2 expects to be
present in the replication stream.  There are three obvious
solutions to this problem.
        1) modify the 2.0 slapd(8) to provide what 2.2 slapd(8) expects.
        2) modify the 2.0 or 2.2 slurpd to provide what 2.2 slapd(8) expects.
        3) modify the 2.2 slapd(8) not to require information not provided
        by the 2.0 slapd(8).

The devil is in the details, of course.

Kurt