Re: slapd: Too many open files

* Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> [0321 17:21]:

> --On Monday, March 21, 2005 5:43 AM +0000 Dick Davies
> <rasputnik@hellooperator.net> wrote:
>
> >* Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> [0302 21:02]:

> >I've seen this before when using include statements within slapd.conf
> >and accidentally including a file within itself.
> >
> >I'm not saying the OP is as dumb as me, but it's worth a check ....
>
> If you can reproduce that, I'd suggest filing an ITS at:
>
> <http://www.openldap.org/its/>

Would you say that's a bug? Just to clarify, I mean I split out
my access controls into master.acl and have a line

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/masta.acl

in slapd.conf, but masta.acl itself has a line saying

include /usr/local/etc/openldap/masta.acl

at the top.

I call that pilot error - though I'll still file an ITS if you like...

--
'When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.'
		-- Winston Churchill, On formal declarations of war