Re: slapd: Too many open files

--On Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:44 AM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

threads 128

This is an amazingly large number of threads to have set. Increasing the number of threads beyond the default can have disasterous effects on server stability and performance. You should only set the threads parameter if you have the time to seriously test the effects.

By default, the number of threads in OpenLDAP is set to 16, which is sufficient for most systems. After extensive testing, I set it to 20 on my Solaris 8 boxes. Your mileage may vary.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html