Re: Fwd: Connection to ldap server failed

At 10:42 AM 3/17/2005, fatima riadi wrote:
>I've created entries using smbldap-tools (smbldap-populate).

Well, if we assume you created entries in your directory server
(somehow) and that your access control policy is:

>I also set authorisation to:
>   access to *
>            by * write
>            by * read

the server should allow anonymous client to find all entries
matching the search criteria and return matching entries to the
client. (You've actually allowed all clients, including anonymous,
to write to the directory... but that's another matter).
This implies that the added entries do not match the search criteria.

I suggest you try authenticating as the rootdn and searching
from your baseobject for all objects (objectClass=*) in scope
'subtree'.  If entries are returned (as they should be if some
where added), you can should be able to determine why they
didn't match the search criteria used below.  If, on the other
hand, no entries returned, they your assumption that you created
entries in the directory server is likely false.

Note that questions (and answers) regarding what smbtools
does or doesn't do is a topic for a list about smbtools.

Kurt