Re: Back-monitor usage - no attribute data

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Fortin, John {PBG} wrote:

I'm stumped...  We want to use back-monitor to get some usage data for
OpenLDAP 2.2.23 (with transaction patches).  The monitor backend seems to be
working except that I get no useful data.  I get entries like the following:

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=XXXXXXX,dc=pbg,dc-com" -b "cn=monitor" -s sub  -H
ldap:/// -W

[cut]

Shouldn't there be some attributes listed which actually provide data? I did see something in the mail archives about differences in back-monitor btwn OL 2.1 and OL 2.2, but nothing comcrete about usage.

Any help would be appreociated.

back-monitor data is now stored in operational attributes, so they must either be named explicitly during searches or you have to add '+' to the list of attributes you want returned by ldapsearch.

--John

John Fortin
PBG Middleware and Web Services
(914) 767-7844