Berkeley DB version incompatible

Hi all,

I am installing OpenLDAP over Red Hat Enterprise Server 3 and I get the next output when I execute the configure command

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-43)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.3)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... yes
checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I have installed  Berkeley 4.3 in /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3 but the error goes on.

Any ideas?

Thanks