Re: install probs

--On Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:51 PM +0100 Cadinfo <cadinfo@taprogge.de> wrote:

Hi,

I compiled and configured  openssl-0.9.7e, BerkeleyDB.4.2 +
openldap-2.2.23 on Solaris 8.

When I use "ldapadd -D cn=Manager,dc=taprogge,dc=de -w secret"
nothing happens. It seems to me that ldapadd hangs.
Doesn't matter what I type in nothing happens.
ldapsearch with the distinguish name and password shows 0
results but nothing with
"dc=taprogge,dc=de"

I made a db_dump which shows me an empty database.
db_dump /usr/local/var/openldap-data/dn2id.bdb
db_dump /usr/local/var/openldap-data/id2entry.bdb

Is there anybody who has this running with the environment
as described above?

I made a full install with all necessary binaries from blastwave.org
and patches from Sun but slapd answers
"database(bdb) not recognized"

Has anybody experienced this behavior?

I've never heard of blastwave.org, and I have no idea how their binaries were compiled, so it may be they weren't compiled with bdb support. I will note that the preferred way to load an openldap database from scratch is slapcat not ldapadd.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html