Re: Bug in JDBC-LDAP Bridge - JndiLdapConnection

This will be fixed in the next release.  The
"build-jar" task in the build.xml file can be used to
re-build with this fix.  Have you oppened an ITS
ticket?  If not, can you please do so?

Thanks
Marc Boorshtein

--- Suraj.AMIN@syntegra.com wrote:
> As per the documention of JDBC-LDAP Bridge on
> OctetString's website regarding
> the properties that can be passed in the
> ldapConnectString:-
> ignore_transactions: set to true if calls to
> setAutoCommit(), commit() and
> rollback() should be ignored. Default is false.
>
> I was using Apache's dbcp to manage my connections
> to various databases
> including connections to my ldap servers. However
> when the
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource initializes
> it does certain
> validations during it makes calls to the connection
> objects setAutoCommit(),
> rollback(), etc.
>
> If the ignore_transactions property is not sent via
> the ldapConnectString,
> any calls to setAutoCommit(), commit() and
> rollback() methods in
> com.octetstring.jdbcLdap.jndi.JndiLdapConnection
> results in
> SQLException("LDAP Does Not Support Transactions")
> being thrown. The above is
> done via a:
> if (! this.ignoreTransactions) {
> 	throw new SQLException("LDAP Does Not Support
> Transactions");
> }
>
> But the rollback() method does not have the above if
> block and throws a
> SQLException directly.
>
> The source code of JndiLdapConnection can be found
> at:

http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/com/octetstring/jdbcL

dap/jndi/JndiLdapConnection.java?rev=1.4&cvsroot=JDBCLDAP&hideattic=1&sortbyd