Re: openldap db wiped?

Karolis Dautartas wrote:

Today I got an email from another openldap user who got his DB wiped
and all data lost. db_recover does not work for him either.

This may sound dumb but I still do not understand some things. Could
you please take the time to answer these questions.

- openldap is installed from RPM in my system and in rc.local I have
this code: "service ldap start". Which is probably identical to
/etc/init.d/ldap start

The OpenLDAP project does not release RPMs. Whatever your system does is between you and your vendor / RPM supplier. I have no idea what your package does.

--
 -- Howard Chu