Re: BDB vs. HDB

Matthew J. Smith wrote:

Thank you again for the information.  Could someone please point me to
documentation on configuring the idlcache?

See the slapd-bdb(5) manpage. back-bdb and back-hdb are identical in terms of configuration options. My rule of thumb for back-hdb is to start with an IDLcache 3x larger than the entry cache, but you should measure the performance on your own actual data and workload to really tune it.

--
 -- Howard Chu