RE: Can 2 LDAP server run on the same server.

I have 3 LDAP (dev, test, prod) on the same server.

Each (to be on the safe side) has its own separate directory of installation
/mnt/dev_OpenLDAP/
/mnt/dev_OpenLDAP/libexec
/mnt/dev_OpenLDAP/bin
/mnt/dev_OpenLDAP/var

/mnt/test_OpenLDAP/
/mnt/test_OpenLDAP/libexec
/mnt/test_OpenLDAP/bin
/mnt/test_OpenLDAP/var

/mnt/prod_OpenLDAP/
/mnt/prod_OpenLDAP/libexec
/mnt/prod_OpenLDAP/bin
/mnt/prod_OpenLDAP/var

Each installation has its slapd.conf. A few parameters of slapd.conf are
different (notably: port number,
but also cache and tuning parameters, because dev needs less RAM then prod).
Every installation was compiled from source (Sun Solaris 8) with the same
compile options.
All 3 LDAP run using the same unix account, but you might also have a
dedicated account for each.

Why /mnt/ ...?
Those directories are actually on external storage, shared by a two-node
cluster (Veritas cluster mgmt).
Test and dev are usually mounted on node A of the cluster, while prod
usually is on node B.
For maintentance on node A, they are running now all on node B.

Oscar Armanini