Re: Slave SASL Cannonicalize always returns root?

Thanks for the reply Quanah.

I have a script that runs every 4 hours on the master to keep Replicator's
ticket alive.  I can bind as Replicator no problem.

[root@my-ldap1]# klist -t /etc/openldap/slurpd.krb5cache
Ticket cache: FILE:/etc/openldap/slurpd.krb5cache
Default principal: Replicator@MYDOMAIN.COM

02/16/05 08:00:01  02/17/05 08:00:01  krbtgt/MYDOMAIN.COM@MYDOMAIN.COM

Seems OK to me...

-John

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>
02/16/2005 11:18 AM

johnh@primebuchholz.com, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
cc

Subject
Re: Slave SASL Cannonicalize always returns root?

--On Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:39 AM -0500 johnh@primebuchholz.com
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been working on this particular problem for a week now, and can't
> seem to find a resolution in the list archives/docs/faq, or through a
> great deal of testing and experimentation.
>
> I have two openldap 2.2.13 servers.  For authentication, I'm using MIT
> Kerberos/Cyrus SASL GSSAPI.  All LDAP connections are TLS.
>
> Binding to the master or slave works fine.
>
> The problem is that when slurpd tries to send changes to the slave, the
> slave always returns a referral.  Here's the relevant sections from my
> slapd.conf:

The problem to me appears to be that you don't have a K5 ticket for
replicator@mydomain.com, which is why when it binds the authcid is "root"
and not "repliactor@mydomain.com".

--Quanah

--