Re: bdb backend: memp_trickle

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.2.23 and Berkeley DB 4.3.27.

I haven't read much about people using the hdb back-end and for some
reason had the impression that it was being abandoned.  Maybe because
there is no man page on slapd-hdb in the current (2.2.23) release. I
haven't had a chance to read much about it yet or dig through the sources
for the differences in the way the db environment is used in the two
backends.

I guess I still have the same question for hdb, though.  Does it somehow
trickle the in-memory changes out to disk or does it only flush
periodically at a checkpoint or when closing the environment?

I wanted to experiment with hdb, but time constraints have caused me to
stick with what I know a little better until after our project at least
gets its first release out.  I just don't know enough about what it does
differently to make guesses as to how to tune it yet or what DB_CONFIG
settings might be relevant.

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342