Re: keep getting errors on this DSA

Craig White wrote:

Perhaps it's the data itself that is corrupted - I just don't see it.

I dump and reload...

cd /usr/local/var/openldap-data
mv DB_CONFIG ../
rm -fr *
rm -fr ../openldap-logs/*
/usr/local/sbin/slapadd -l /root/slapcat.ldif

# /usr/local/bin/db_verify __db.001 db_verify: Page 0: bad magic number 0 db_verify: Page 0: bad page size 0 db_verify: DB->verify: __db.001: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed

and more/other errors for db_verify __db.002 > 005

I know that I have properly patched db-4.2.52 with all patches...but
just to make sure, I ran each of the patches - listed below (2 patches
for db4 and 1 transaction patch)

If anyone can give me a clue here, I would appreciate it.

The __db.xxx files are not database files. They store the BDB environment. You should not be touching them at all. Read the Sleepycat documentation for information on BDB environments.

--
 -- Howard Chu