Re: registeredAddress, postalAddress and homePostalAddress trouble

Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> a écrit :

--On Thursday, February 10, 2005 4:08 AM +0100 pascal@linuxorable.net wrote:

ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
'(postalAddress=*<something>*)'
and
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
'(homePostalAddress=*<something>*)'
and
ldapsearch -h localhost -x -b "dc=linuxorable,dc=net"
'(registeredAddress=*<something>*)'

don't work !
(all other attributes work perfectly)

The only index I can define for these attributes is "pres" (other index
are not allowed => error message when restarting slapd)

The non-working ones are substring searches. You need to add a substring index for them.

I would like but I can't !

I tried this: (slapd.conf:)

index      postalAddress           sub
index      homePostalAddress       sub
index      registeredAddress       sub

but I get:

# /etc/init.d/slapd restart
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed:
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 379: substr index of attribute "postalAddress"
disallowed
euphorie:/usr/local/www/horde/config# /etc/init.d/slapd restart
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed:
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 380: substr index of attribute "homePostalAddress"
disallowed
euphorie:/usr/local/www/horde/config# /etc/init.d/slapd restart
Stopping OpenLDAP: slapd.
Starting OpenLDAP: slapd - failed:
/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 381: substr index of attribute "registeredAddress"
disallowed

I don't know what to do.

Could you explain me how you know that these attributes are substring searches

Regards

Pascal -- FRANCE

--Quanah

--