Re: Comparisons between OpenLDAP and other Directory Servers

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:57 PM -0800 Gaurav Khanna <khannapost@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi, I have searched on the web and have found some comparisons between the various Directory Servers including OpenLDAP. I was wondering if there is a comparison or performance document that is recommeded by experieced users of OpenLDAP.

I have done benchmarking of OpenLDAP in comparison Netscape & SunOne. Unfortunately, Symas cannot (because of the SunOne license) post the results of the SunOne results. You can see the results vs. Netscape here:

<http://www.symas.com/benchmark.shtml>

Quanah,

I find your research very nice, although I think that a fairer comparison would be between the operating systems on same platforms. Solaris and Linux run on both x86 and sparc platforms. It would also be nice to use Solaris 10 in this comparison which promises performance improvements.

--
Igor