Re: Ordering of data values of non-SINGLE-VALUE attributes

--On Monday, February 07, 2005 10:26 AM +0100 Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:

Gentlemen,

I need to know if the data values of non-SINGLE-VALUE attributes are
always returned in the same order they were stored or not.

After searching the archives I found indications that this is *not* case,
i.e. there is no guarantee that the data values are returned in the same
or any order at all.

Can someone confirm this?  Are there any RFCs describing the behaviour of
multi-valued attributes?

Marc,

It definitely isn't supported at this time. It is a feature that I think many could find quite useful, and there has been some discussion around making "weighted" attributes. This is a bit more flexible than a fixed return order.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html