Re: LDAP replication

Must this user exist in the LDAP?  What I did is just
add the updatedn and the access on the slave side, but
I didn't have create any user in the LDAP database.

you have to add the replication user manually into the slaves db before starting the replication.

The master and slave slapd.conf is the same except:

Master
------
replogfile /var/lib/ldap/master-ldap.replog
replica uri=ldap://slave.testing.com:389
       binddn="cn=Replicator,l=Singapore,o=Testing"
       bindmethod=simple credentials="testpassword"

Slave
-----
updatedn "cn=Replicator,l=SG,o=Testing"
updateref ldap://master.testing.com:389
access to *
  by self write
  by dn.exact="cn=Replicator,l=Singapore,o=Testing"
  by * write

master: binddn="cn=Replicator,l=Singapore,o=Testing" slave: updatedn "cn=Replicator,l=SG,o=Testing" this is not exactly the same! Change SG into Singapore!

What I don't quite understand from the Admin Guide is
that where do I put the crendentials="testpassword" in
the slave?

give the manually added user a password. you can use the slaves rootdn and/or a client...

What I'm afraid is that they're of different version. Master is 2.1.30, and Slave is 2.2.13

should not be a problem!