Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 1:20 PM
Subject: backup - restore

How would one do backup of the master and slave. Just my one cent thought:-
1. stop both machines
2. copy files in /var/lib/ldap into say backup directory
[the files are : c.dbb, dn2id.dbb, id2entry.dbb, nextid.dbb,objectclass.dbb,o.dbb,ou.dbb,serialNumber.dbb,slapd.replog(and slapd.replog.lock)]
3. restart machine
4. if we need to restore, we stop....we copy from backup and overwrite everything in /var/lib/ldap...we start again

Or is that incorrect ?

.sakthi