Re: Migration ..... subtree wth passwd

ok, sorry.

Oh, my second query.. i think i got the ans...... i did a slapcat and
checked the ldif file...the password is stored under attribute userPassword
...however in encrypted form.

however just to be sure, let me re-phrase the question with a proper example
since i brought it up in the first place:-
If my openldap tree structure is as per following with 3 main sub-tree o=A,
o=B and o=C:-
c=MY
    o=A
        cn=Tst
            serialNo=4573
    o=B
        ou=X
            cn=BMIT
                serialNo=1234
                serialNo=4563
    o=C
        ou=Y
            cn=Trial
                serialNo=5654

subtree o=A and o=C can be expanded to show all its serialNo entries with
its properties

however, for sub-tree B only ldap users under that tree can access it.
For each of the serialNo under o=B, I've set ldappasswd with the following
command in the current LINUX box:-
example: ldappasswd -x -S -D <dnentry> -w <password> -s <passwordtree>
serialnumber=1234, cn=BMIT, ou=X, o=B, c=MY

The userpassword that was encrypted would there be any problems should i use
it on a new LINUX machine with a new version of RedHat Linux and Openldap
running ? Logically is shouldn't but if you have any word of caution would
appreciate it.

.sakthi