C ldap API - ldap modification , how to get the server control

Hello all,

The problem I'm facing is simple, which is related to persistent search.I'm employing the two way synchronization(server to client and client to server, i.e., changes in client is updated to server and changes in the server is updated to the client, if overlapping updates is there, it is resolved according to the priority)

1) When I ask for changes in the LDAP server, I get the changes and then LDAP client is updated and the latest cookie is stored

2) When I ask for changes in the LDAP client, I get the changes and then LDAP server is updated using the command ldap_modify(or ldap_modify_ext)
(How to get the updated cookie after the server update)

3) Now in the next round,
When I ask for changes in the LDAP server, I get the changes which I have done from the LDAP client in the earlier SYNC process

How can I get the server control after the ldap_modify(or ldap_modify_ext). Can anybody give me logical/technical hindsight?

- Vishal