Re: Using Password-hash to create secure passwords..

Okay, I've been soundly corrected. Now can someone help with the Password-hash question? :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Nelson" <architect@webalive.biz>
To: "Dave Horsfall" <daveh@ci.com.au>
Cc: "OpenLDAP Software List" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: Using Password-hash to create secure passwords..

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Dave Horsfall wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 fuser9bb@hotpop.com wrote:

When creating an account entry in LDAP, our LDAP directory management tool
(which only speaks LDAP and does not use any proprietary OpenLDAP tools like
slapadd) creates a hash like so:

What on earth do you mean by "proprietary OpenLDAP tools"?

I'd be 97.3% certain that he means "OpenLDAP-specific tools".

--
Tim Nelson
Server Administrator

"Your Business, Your Web, Your Control"