Re: OpenLDAP + SASL + BDB + Heimdal = BDB errors?

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 05:36:24PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Saturday, January 22, 2005 5:28 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
> <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> >What are the contents of your DB_CONFIG file?
> >If you used slapadd to load the DB, what does "which slapadd" show?  Did
> >you get the correct slapadd?
>
> Also, did you get the transactions patch for BDB? I don't see you
> mentioning that.  If you apply the OL transactions patch, you must also
> apply the transactions patch to BDB:
>
> <http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/patches/db/bdb-transactions.diff>
>
> That might be the root cause of your problem.  That is also why it notes
> that that patch is required on:
>
> <http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/openldap-build-42.html>
>
> "Patch for transactions, requires similar patch to BDB be applied as well."
> (with links on the page).

Indeed.  Leaving that transactions patch out solved my problem.  Chalk
it up to not reading as well as I should have.

(is it bad for me to leave the trasnactions patch out?  I kind of don't
want to put it in because I didn't see an ITS# associated with it)

Thanks a bunch!

--
adam