Re: syntaxes.schema

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

Howard Chu writes:

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

B M writes:

to be quite honest i have no idea why this error is caused or why
OpenLDAP isn't recognizing IA5String

It's just following the LDAP standard.  But why the standard only
defines descriptions and not names for syntax OIDs I don't know.

Definitely a mystery, especially since X.500 allowed names...

But you can always use the objectidentifier keyword in slapd.conf to
handle this. See slapd.conf(5).

Good idea. I suggest we create slapd/schema/syntaxes.schema
which defines names for the supported syntaxes.

Feel free to submit it...

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to include this in the other schema
files distribued with OpenLDAP, though.  It could crash with someone
else's definitions of the same names.

Right. We had a specific policy not to use names in the distributed schema files, since they don't appear in the original specs.

 (Maybe we chould define a
'localinclude' directive which would include the file, but undo the
resulting definitions at the end of the including file:-)

Ugh... At this point, I don't want to see anything else that can complicate things further in config. back-config is already taking enough time as it is...

--
 -- Howard Chu