syntaxes.schema (was: OID could not be expanded: "IA5String")

Howard Chu writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>B M writes:
>>
>>>to be quite honest i have no idea why this error is caused or why
>>>OpenLDAP isn't recognizing IA5String
>>
>>It's just following the LDAP standard.  But why the standard only
>>defines descriptions and not names for syntax OIDs I don't know.
>>
> Definitely a mystery, especially since X.500 allowed names...
>
> But you can always use the objectidentifier keyword in slapd.conf to
> handle this. See slapd.conf(5).

Good idea.  I suggest we create slapd/schema/syntaxes.schema
which defines names for the supported syntaxes.

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to include this in the other schema
files distribued with OpenLDAP, though.  It could crash with someone
else's definitions of the same names.  (Maybe we chould define a
'localinclude' directive which would include the file, but undo the
resulting definitions at the end of the including file:-)

--
Hallvard