syncrepl problem

Hello,

I ran into following problems using syncrepl:

I set up a ldap database dc=dg-i,dc=net
With two subtrees beneath:
ou=intern,dc=dg-i,dc=net
ou=extern,dc=dg-i,dc=net

Most of the enrties were populated beneath them.

Now I setup different syncrepl slaves using 'type=refreshAndPersist retry="20 40 300 +" searchbase=ou=intern,dc=dg-i,dc=net ... ' and
Now I setup different syncrepl slaves using 'type=refreshAndPersist retry="20 40 300 +" searchbase=ou=extern,dc=dg-i,dc=net ... '

This lead to servere problems: The database would on almost every third update or add modification.

When I  split up the setup to use three different databases :

database1: ou=intern,dc=dg-i,dc=net
database2: ou=extern,dc=dg-i,dc=net
database3: dc=dg-i,dc=net

Having database1 and 2 being subordinate to database1 These the problems disappeared.

Is this behaviour intended or a bug ? I did not find any documentation about this

Manon