Re: Slapindex not working?

Dave Horsfall wrote:

Using Ryan Matteson's cool "ldap-stats.pl" script, I discovered I had an unindexed attribute "uid". So, I update slapd.conf and run slapindex, yet I'm still seeing these in the log:

Jan 20 14:38:34 guido slapd[56151]: <= bdb_substring_candidates: (uid) index_param failed (18)

Yes, I shut down SLAPD :-)

slapd.conf:
index   employeeNumber,uid,sn,cn,ciApp,ciHost           eq,pres,sub
(was just "eq,pres")

command:
ldapsearch -C -v -LLL -H "$LDAPURI" "(&(objectClass=ciEmployee)(uid=dave*))" \
        dn uid cn sn telephoneNumber

The odd thing was, it improved wall-clock time by an order of magnitude,
so it did *something*.

Not likely, because of the time improvement you mention, but just to be sure:

Are you sure both slapd and slapindex are using the same slapd.conf?

	Heiko