Re: LDAP slurp problem [auf Viren überprüft]

Buchan Milne wrote:

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
| This doesn't
| sound like a large project, but I really don't see all the need to spend
| cycles on something that's going to die shortly, as soon as 2.3 is out
| or so.

Because the only other option (besides using these undocumented
workarounds) is to run an even more obsolete version?

AFAIK at present there isn't a suitable documented solution (besides the
hostname hacks) to replicating multiple databases to multiple slaves
with any "stable" release of OpenLDAP, besides 2.0.x ...

What you call "undocumented" features to try to do something slapd and slurpd was not designed for, are the results of spending some half an hour last night looking at the code and playing with test007. I don't see the need of having multiple databases replicating to the same host but preserving the multiple database structure. I hardly see the need of having multiple databases at all in the same instance of slapd. All this discussion really sounds like: "is there any way I can shoot in my foot making more harm than I did up to now?" But this is a rather personal opinion, and it's rapidly drifting off-topic.

p.