Re: cascading syncrepl

--On Friday, January 14, 2005 8:18 PM +0100 Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@bayour.com> wrote:

"Quanah" == Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> writes:

Quanah> As for the down/up bit, they go down for about 10 minutes Quanah> every morning around 4 a.m., in a staggered fashion. So Quanah> they are only down for a fairly short period.

Why take them down at all, and why ten minutes? What (important stuff
obviosly) happen in those ten minutes?

Just wondering if I'm missing out on something good/important :)

It's a long-running practice we apply to most of our infrastructure services. Although not necessary for log rotation, we rotate logs in that time, and on the master, we slapcat the DB and rotate that off into a network drive. It has also helped prevent eventual usage of all system memory from memory leaks in OL or its reliant software.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer