Re: Trying to compile OpenLDAP with supportedSASLMechanisms:EXTERNAL

That's it!
Thanks everyone.
So it turns out I don't have a problem! And that does clear up my confusion.
Thanks again.
Sam

On Wednesday, Jan 12, 2005, at 15:22 US/Pacific, Michael Ströder wrote:

Sam Ricchio wrote:
I have started ldap with
-h ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi
And that is how the client (in this case Heimdal)
should be connecting. I've followed the directions at the Padl.com
web site. I'll try searching over at their list for a while. I thought I should have
seen the mechanism before going forward.

It should list EXTERNAL but only when connecting over Unix domain socket (see difference of the two examples of my local setup below).

Ciao, Michael.

-------------------------------- ldapi --------------------------------
$ ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base -H ldapi://%2ftmp%2fopenldap-socket "(objectClass=*)" supportedSASLMechanisms
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <> with scope base
# filter: (objectClass=*)
# requesting: supportedSASLMechanisms
#

#
dn:
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5
supportedSASLMechanisms: LOGIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
supportedSASLMechanisms: NTLM
supportedSASLMechanisms: SRP
supportedSASLMechanisms: OTP
supportedSASLMechanisms: EXTERNAL

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

$ ldapsearch -x -b "" -s base -H ldap://localhost:1390 "(objectClass=*)" supportedSASLMechanisms
# extended LDIF
#