Re: Trying to compile OpenLDAP with supportedSASLMechanisms:EXTERNAL

Sam Ricchio <sam_ricchio@fsd.k12.ca.us> writes:

> Hi Everyone.
> I am running FreeBSD 5.3, OpenLDAP 2.2.19, Berkley DB 4.2.
> I have just upgraded from 2.1.21
> My configure statement looked like
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-ipv6 --with-cyrus-sasl
> --with-kerberos --with-tls --enable-monitor --enable-dynamic
> --enable-phonetic --enable-local --enable-slapd --enable-spasswd
> --enable-rlookups --enable-wrappers --enable-hdb --with-dyngroup=yes
> --with-proxycache=yes
> I know from the FAQ and the mailing list when correctly compiled I
> need to see:
> supportedSASLMechanisms:EXTERNAL
> somewhere in the list of mechanisms.
>
> When I search for supportedSASLMechanisms currently I  have:
> supportedSASLMechanisms: NTLM
> supportedSASLMechanisms: LOGIN
> supportedSASLMechanisms: PLAIN
> supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
> supportedSASLMechanisms: OTP
> supportedSASLMechanisms: DIGEST-MD5
> supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5

EXTERNAL is not a mechanism of cyrus-sasl,it will only be present with
start_tls enabled, that is configured TLS and ldapsearch with option -Z.

ldapsearch -b "" -s base + -Z
supportedSASLMechanisms: GSSAPI
supportedSASLMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
supportedSASLMechanisms: CRAM-MD5