Re: cascading syncrepl

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
>Stephan Duehr wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>is it possible to set up replicas using syncrepl in a cascading way?
>>like this: master -> replica1 -> replica2
>>

>Yes.
>
>>I tried it using refreshOnly mode and did not succeed. Data Files were
>>created, but not all index files that should but queries with ldapsearch
>>resulted in "no such object" error message. slapcat created a zero
lenght
>>file.
>>
>>Is cascading syncrepl replication supposed to work?
>>

>Yes. See test019 in the test suite, it is there explicitly for testing a
>cascaded setup.

Ah, thanks. I think the sessionlog was missing in my first replica.

But one thing I wonder about. There are 6 config files used in test019,
one for the master, two slave instances using refreshOnly mode and three
using refreshAndPersist.
A sessionlog is configured in the masters and the first refreshOnly
replicas config, but not in any of the refreshAndPersist replicas.
Is sessionlog not needed in refreshAndPersist mode?
Is one sessionlog used for all slaves or must there be one for each slave?

--
 Stephan Dühr                                 stephan.duehr@dass-it.de
 dass IT GmbH                                Phone: +49.221.3565666-90