Re: Problem doing add/update/delete using LDAP referral

Hi Pierangelo,

that sounds strange. I've done the replication step by step with "LDAP -
System Administration by O'Reilly" and there stands nothing about that you
have to write your own client to use this feature. Isn't there any
possibility to get this working like I want?

> Florian Preuß wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >i got the master side replication working. Now what I want next is that i
> >can send an update request to the Slave LDAP, which uses the referral for
> >modifying the LDAP database but it doesn't work.
> >
> That's the intended behavior.  You cannot perform that operation using
> ldapmodify or any of the update tools.  You need to implement your own
> client with internal referral chase cpabilities, i.e. set some rebind
> procedure via ldap_set_rebind_proc(), or chase the referral, i.e. parse
> the URL and connect to the referred server appropriately.  The
> impossibility to define in general what's appropriate led to this choice.
>
> p.
>

>     SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497

end

--
+++ Sparen Sie mit GMX DSL +++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
AKTION für Wechsler: DSL-Tarife ab 3,99 EUR/Monat + Startguthaben