Re[2]: openldap db wiped?

AH> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 05:14:08PM +0200, Karolis Dautartas wrote:
>> what is the difference between running this script every 5 mins and
>> having a "checkpoint 5 X"   directive in slapd.conf?

AH> checkpoint 5 X in slapd.conf will not guarantee a checkpoint at every
AH> 5 minutes, because slapd only checks this timer at every write. So,
AH> if your database has not been written to in the last 30 min, for example,
AH> no checkpoint would have been performed.

the more i read, the more confused I am getting. So I will try to put
my question as simple as I possibly can:

I am using openldap 2.1, and having set checkpoint to 5 in
slapd.conf. Do I have a garantee that at system crash, I will NOT
loose any data older than 5 minutes?

and if the above answer is true, then:

will I be able to recover the data (possibly) lost from the last 5
minutes operations by running db_recover?

Karolis