RE: Multiple syncrepl problems

Good day,

Thanks for your reply.

> > slapd[23663]: null_callback : error code 0x32
> > last message repeated 14086 times
> >

> > Are we missing something here, or are we just running up
> against bugs?
>
> I saw the same error using 2.2.20 and using the rootdn as the
> updatedn
> seems to solve it in my case.

In our case, there was no rootdn defined (we were taught long ago to not set
a user in the config file, for security).  I correctly guessed that adding a
rootdn and setting it to the updatedn would resolve this.  Note that this
was not needed in 2.2.19.

Now, in the bug report, Howard Chu said "The consumer uses the rootdn to
write the consumer's database".

But the Admin Guide, 14.3.2, says that the consumer uses the updatedn, not
the rootdn, which is defined in the syncrepl statement.  It just notes that
the updatedn entry should have write permissions (it does).

I'm sure I must be missing something here, as to me it looks like these
statements contradict each other.  Could someone please explain?

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW