Re: overlay_init failed

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to test openldap-2.3alpha and have build some overlays as
modules, but I'm not loading any overlay modules yet, as a I have
configured just a simple bdb database and a monitor database, nothing
else. When trying to load an initial ldif file with slapadd I get the
error 'overlay_init failed'. Is it a must now, to declare overlays?

No, it's not. However, I note that function is supposed to fal only if any overlay initialization funtion, among the statically built overlays, fails. If you built them as dinamical, none of them should fail. I sugest you dig a bit more into that failure. Also, note that currently two more features that used to be builtin now moved to overlays, i.e. the syncrepl and the backglue.

p.